2 cups chilled soy milk
1 cup frozen raspberries
2 small fresh figs
1/2 cup cashew nuts
2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
1 teaspoon maca powder
1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
1 tablespoon maple syrup
fresh raspberries, to serve (optional)
Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Serve topped with a sprinkling of cacao powder and fresh raspberries.
Here's another one if you want smoothie but also needed the caffeine :
Below is the recipe again in case you don't wish to visit its blog :
- 1½ cups Silk Unsweetened Almond Milk (Original or Vanilla)
- 1 medium banana, sliced (frozen or not)
- ½ tsp matcha (green tea powder)
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- 1 scoop (45ml) stevia extract powder*
- Add ingredients to blender in order of appearance, then pulse until smooth.
- If bananas are not frozen you may like to add a couple ice cubes.
- Allow to sit a minute before drinking so the chia can start to thicken.
I would highly recommend to use house-made almond mylk instead of boxed ones as the boxed mylks contain so many crazy ingredients you'd be shocked if you read the labels carefully.
The Banana Bread Super Foods Smoothie ! This is definitely a healthy meal-replacement option if you are in a hurry and just wish to grab your breakfast/lunch/dinner on the go :
- 1 cup water
- 1 banana, frozen
- ⅓ cup cooked quinoa or buckwheat
- 1 tablespoon raw walnuts or hemp seeds
- 2 teaspoon cold-pressed flax oil
- 1 medjool date, pitted
- flesh from 1 vanilla bean or ½ teaspoon alcohol-free pure vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch allspice
- extra walnuts and ground cinnamon for topping
Place in your blender in the order of the ingredients listed, then blend for 30 seconds or until smooth. Pour into a glass and top with additional walnuts and ground cinnamon.
Last one for now, also the prettiest !
This is the Chamomile, Strawberry & Quinoa Smoothie , the color is so sweet I'd make it just to take photos. I got this recipe from a blog called Apron and Sneakers. It's a very nice lifestyle/recipe/travel blog that you can spend a lot of time on :)
- 1/2 cup chamomile tea
- 1 tablespoon dried chamomile flowers (or 1 teabag) + extra flowers for garnishing
- 1 cup almond milk (or any nut mylk)
- 1/4 cup cooked quinoa (You can replace this with old fashioned oats.)
- honey (if almond milk is unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- Steep chamomile flowers in hot water for about 5 minutes. Strain flowers if you don't want to include them in the smoothie. If you want to include them for a more intense flavor, just leave them. Remove teabag if using one. Refrigerate until it cools down.
- Put the almond milk, cold chamomile tea (with flowers), cooked quinoa & strawberries in a blender and blend until smooth. Sweeten with honey if needed.
- Garnish with dried chamomile flowers if desired.
Happy smoothie making everyone !